Thursday, September 11, 2008

Featherweight

Wow. She really is a lightweight. Sarah Pailin didn't know what the Bush Doctrine was ( h/t TPM) You can see her struggling with her talking points and it'spainfully obvious that she doesn't have a clue.



I'm frankly beginning to see why they've been keeping her closeted for so long. Progressives should start hammering the press for more interviews. Seriously. If she doesn't improve soon we might not have much to worry about.

Also, is it just me or does anyone else want to smash the chalkboard when she calls Charlie Gibson "Charlie" ? For example, right after that first question on the Bush Doctrine she asked, "In what respect Charlie?" She just sounds so insincere to me.

UPDATE: See Joan Walsh's take on the interview. She nails it here. <3

"What a mockery Palin made of all that. I'll get criticized as sexist for saying this, but I would say the same thing about a man who sounded this ignorant: Talking to Charles Gibson tonight, Palin sometimes reminded me of poor Miss South Carolina, who, asked why many Americans can't find the U.S. on a map, famously said: "I personally believe that U.S. Americans are unable to do so because, uh, some people out there in our nation don't have maps. And I believe that our education, like, such as in South Africa and the Iraq, everywhere, like such as, and I believe that they should, our education over here in the U.S. should help the U.S., or should help South Africa and should help the Iraq and the Asian countries so we will be able to build up our future for our children.""

No comments: