Saturday, August 4, 2007

They's All Bought

As much as it pains me to admit this - I'm finally swinging over to where the tin foil hatters on the political spectrum. The day before, Bush comes out and stands before the microphone and tells congress "if you don't give me what I want with FISA, then your not going home 'cause we're keeping congress in perpetual session 'till you do give me what I want."

If you were a real player, a real firebrand holly roller, what would you have done? Right. You wouldn't have caved. You would have stood up to these guys and said "well, ain't that dEMOcratic of you, master."

Not these guys.

They want their beauty rest.

So, they give "The Man" what He wants and they call it "on a temporary basis" which is code for we'll give you what you want but try to make it look like we gave it grudgingly. Here's the keys to the porsche! Nudge nudge. Wink wink.

We, as The People in We The People, need to call these aristocrats on their decision. I suspect that they've always been nudging and winking in the dark corners of Capitol Hill but now they've come out into the light and are barely hiding their privilege anymore.

Democracy Movement.

No comments: